Wine has always been inpiration for lots of artists, writers or poets...Read here our top 10 of english wine quotes...
1. Wine is sunlight held toguether by water (Galileo Galilei)
2. Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages. (Louis Pasteur)
3. Wine is bottled poetry. (Robert Louis Stevenson)
4. It is time to get drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of Time, get drunk; get drunk without stopping! On wine, on poetry, or on virtue, as you wish. (Charles Baudelaire)
5. Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. (Homer)
6. I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food. (W. C. Fields)
7. Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Francis Bacon)
8. God made the water but men made the wine. (Victor Hugo)
9. I like on the table
- when we're speaking
- the light of a bottle
- of intelligent wine.
10. Too much and too little wine. Give him none, he cannot find truth; give him too much, the same. (Blaise Pascal)